Deadline to Apply: the next deadline will be announced in 2020
Award Announcement: TBD 2020
Submit Applications to: email@example.com
Applications should include the following items:
- Biographical sketch of no more than 350 words
- One or up to three written non-technical pieces based on technical works
- Supporting evidence of a career dedicated to excellence in scientific writing in medicine (within other materials or as a separate statement).
Submitted pieces should be non-technical communications of complicated scientific biomedical or medical information, written to educate broad audiences. Submissions may include newspaper articles, news releases, magazine articles, newsletter articles, online articles or other works. Books, technical works, speeches, and visual communications are not eligible.
Entries will be judged on the basis of:
- Ingenuity of storytelling
- Ability to engage a broad audience
- Accuracy & clarity of science
- Depth of understanding
- Impact or potential impact of the science and the written work
The applicant’s dedication to advancing science and medicine through scientific writing will also be taken into consideration.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org